Our subtle body is an amazing creation of the divine. It comprises of the following state of energies: 1. Kundalini – our inherent power,
2. Divine Aura - the divine energy within us and surrounding us,
3. Chakras - the seven energy centers,
4. Naadis - the three energy channels, and
5. Bhavasagar - the ocean of illusion.
The divine energies are very powerful. Our spiritual growth and our health, happiness and well-being are dependent on the positive state and balance of these energies. These energies are briefly explained below:
1. Kundalini ShaktiKundalini Shakti resides in a dormant state as a coiled serpent in our Mooldhara. Once activated, she rises within our Sushumna channel. She pierces our chakras and energizes, purifies and balances our subtle body. Eventually, she pierces our seventh charka and grants us our union with the all-pervading divine consciousness. With the awakening of our Kundalini, our subtle body is purified and energized.
2. Divine AuraDivine Aura is the spiritual energy field within us as well as surrounding us. This energy field protects us by forming a protective shield around us. The stronger our aura, the stronger will be the protective shield. Thus, our aura saves us from the attack of the negative elements. The energy of our aura increases with awakening of our Kundalini and the purification of our subtle body.
3. Chakras, Channels and BhavasagarChakras are the seven energy centers of our subtle body. They are located within the three energy channels. The region of Dharma is located within our abdominal cavity and it is called the ocean of illsion. The Manipur chakra is contained within the bhavasagar. The chakras, channels and ocean of illsion control the various functions of our body. They are also known as the autonomous nervous system. Medical science recognizes the existence of the chakras but does not know the system that controls and activates them. This knowledge is well understood by us through spirituality. The seven chakras and three channels are as follows:
1. Mooladhara Chakra,
2. Svadhisthana Chakra,
3. Manipura Chakra,
4. Anahata Chakra,
5. Vishuddhi Chakra,
6. Agnya Chakra,
7. Sahasrara Chakra,
8. Ida Naadi (Left or Moon Channel),
9. Pingala Naadi (Right or Sun Channel) and
10. Sushumna Naadi (Center Channel).
The chakras cannot be seen with the naked eye, just as we cannot see the flow of electric current. When we use an electric appliance, we get to know that the electricity is flowing through it. Similarly, we can verify the existence of our chakras when we activate them through the spiritual practices. Then we feel the sensation of the energy flowing through our subtle body.
Our chakras, channels and bhavasagar are energized with the blessings of Maa Kali and Mahadeva Shiva. The purification and proper working of our subtle body is dependent upon the awakening and manifestation of the divine virtues related with the different divine forms controlling the chakras, channels and bhavasagar. This can be understood clearly with the following example:
The energy of Mooladhar chakra is controlled by Shri Ganesha and Shri Kartikeya. Therefore, the awakening and manifestation of the virtues of these divine powers purifies the energy of the Mooladhara Chakra and enhances the positive energy of this chakra.
Similarly, the energies of our chakras, channels and ocean of illusion are driven by the divine powers controlling them. Therefore, the awakening and manifestation of the virtues of the various divine forms is very important for our spiritual enlightenment and union with the divine.